Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the USC Upstate Library Technology Help LibGuide. This guide was designed by Library Faculty to help you navigate the Technology portions of the Library's computers, printers, & resources. First thing you must do is to make sure you have BOTH of your USC Upstate Passwords set up: USC Upstate has ONE User Name/Password for Blackboard© and a DIFFERENT User Name/Password for Computer Login & e-mail.
You should have received via USPS mail your Student Data Sheet containing your Network Username (for system wide use), e-mail address, and VIP ID Number.
Check Your USC Upstate User Name & Password
To check your USC Upstate User Name and Password (NOT BLACKBOARD) follow the directions below.
- Go to: outlook.com/email.uscupstate.edu.
- Fill in your complete USC Upstate e-mail including the @email.uscupstate.edu and click NEXT
- On the next screen enter your e-mail password.
If it rejects your password, or if you don’t know your password, go to the USC Upstate Password Reset page and follow the directions to reset your password.
Your USC Upstate Password - Creating & Resettng
Your USC Upstate User Name and Password is used to login to the following:
- Computers on campus
- Spartan GreenSky
- The USC Upstate wireless network
- Student e-mail (Microsoft Office 365)
- Library databases when off campus
You should already have your USC Upstate username and e-mail address from the student data sheet mailed to you earlier. With letter in hand, go to the USC Upstate Password Reset page. This page offers instructions to both create your initial password and also to reset your password should you forget it in the future. To create your Password, you will need your User ID - the portion of your e-mail address before the @ symbol (it is often but NOT ALWAYS your first initial and last name). Note your password must be a minimum of 8 characters and must include at least one uppercase letter, one lower case letter, one number digit, and one special character. Also it can not include any part of your user name or be one of the last 10 passwords you have used.
Having Computer/Login Trouble?
Need more help? Having trouble? Give the USC Upstate Information Technology and Data Services Help Desk a call at (864) 503-5257, e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit them in person in Administration 109.
So you don't even know your e-mail / USC Upstate User Name
If you do not know your User Name / Email, you can ask for help from several people on campus including your professor or the friendly people in the Computer Lab Office behind the Circulation Desk. You will need your USC Upstate ID (also known as your CarolinaCard) to obtain your User Name.
Various User Name & Passwords
USC Upstate has many various User Names and Passwords associated with enrollment and University Computer useage. The information below is an attempt to identify the various User Names & Passwords and offer some help in identifying, changing and using your User Names and Passwords.
- USC Upstate Username is the first part of your email before the @email.uscupstate.edu. Your USC Upstate Password is the password associated with your email. You should have received a temporary password that you will need to change the first time you logged in.
- Blackboard Username can be the same as your USC Upstate Username but the Blackboard Password is different. Blackboard passwords expire every 6 months.
- Once you are able to login to Self Service Carolina, you can create/change your Blackboard Password. Go to my.sc.edu and click on "View my IDs and manage my passwords", under the Personal section.
- Your Network Username is your system username assigned by the university system and is based on your name. It may contain letters and/or numbers.
- Your VIP ID is the 8 digit number assigned by the university system. Help with your VIP ID and password can be found at https://my.sc.edu/vipid/
- The CarolinaCard is your Student ID as well as a pre-paid declining balance card which accesses the deposits you make into your Carolina Cash account. This card also is used for printing and Library Circulation.
- Self Service Carolina (SSC) is where students and faculty go to manage their personal information and perform many common, day-to-day transactions. Students use SSC to register for classes, manage their financial aid information, and view their class schedule, while faculty use SSC to communicate with students and assign grades.