If you need the full text of an article but only have a citation or an abstract, you can use Journal Search (located in the drop-down menu under "Search" at the top of the library home page) to track down the article. Follow the steps below to search for your article:
- From the library home page, click on the drop-down menu for "Search", located in the top navigation bar.
- Locate the link for Journal Search in the list, click to open
- Search for the article in Journal Search, by entering the TITLE of the journal in which the article appears. If it is available in a database that the Upstate Library subscribes to, you will see the database(s) listed.
- If the article is available in print but not electronic form, you can use the call number found in the record to locate the journal in our print collection (ask at the Research Desk if you are unsure how to do this, we're happy to help).
- If the article is not available in either electronic or print form through the Upstate Library, you may request a copy of it through Interlibrary Loan (ILL). This *could* take several days to complete the transaction and locate the article, so plan accordingly.