"...students offered practical tips for future students to improve the quality of their writing, including:
- Start the research project early.
- Write a page or two a day and leave time to edit.
- Plan to finish 2 to 3 days early so you will actually finish on time.
- For each paper, write a draft, print it out and attack it with a corrective pen. Be merciless!
- Go to the Writing Center/professor/peer mentor for help.
- Proof read out loud. It makes all the difference.
- Don't take the optional extensions on deadlines. They are like crack! Totally addictive! They start a domino effect."
Bleicher, Elizabeth. “The Last Class: Critical Thinking, Reflection, Course Effectiveness, and Student Engagement.” Honors in Practice 7 (Annual 2011): 39-51. Academic OneFile. Web 6 Dec 2011.