Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the USC Upstate Library Dual Enrollment LibGuide. This guide was designed by Library Faculty to help you navigate the Library and its Resources as a Dual Enrollment Student. The first thing you must do is to make sure you have BOTH of your USC Upstate Passwords set up. USC Upstate has ONE set of User Names/Password that is for Blackboard© and a DIFFERENT User Name/Password for Computer Login & e-mail.
You should have received your Student Data Sheet containing your Network Username (for system-wide use), e-mail address, and VIP ID Number.
Having Computer/Login Trouble?
Spartan GreenSky is an initiative of USC Upstate to provide anywhere, anytime access to USC Upstate e-mail, files, and course-required software for all students, faculty, and staff. With the Spartan GreenSky software, users can access any of these services or specialized software via computer or wireless device with Internet access previously only available in specific computer labs.
Find out more about Spartan GreenSky.
Create Your USC Upstate Password
Your USC Upstate User Name and Password is used to login to the following:
- Computers on campus
- Spartan GreenSky
- The USC Upstate wireless network
- Student e-mail (Microsoft Office 365)
- Library databases when off campus
You should already have your USC Upstate username and e-mail address from the student data sheet mailed to you earlier. With the letter in hand, go to the USC Upstate Password Reset page. This page offers instructions to both create your initial password and also to reset your password should you forget it in the future. To create your Password you will need your User ID the portion of your e-mail address before the @ symbol (it is often but NOT ALWAYS your first initial and last name). Note your password must be a minimum of 8 characters and must include at least one uppercase letter, one lower case letter, one number digit, and one special character. Also, it can not include any part of your user name or be one of the last 10 passwords you have used.
Check Your Login
To check your USC Upstate User Name and Password (NOT BLACKBOARD) follow the directions below.
- Go to the following link: outlook.com/email.uscupstate.edu.
- Fill in your complete USC Upstate e-mail including the @email.uscupstate.edu and click NEXT
- On the next screen enter your e-mail password.
If you do not know your User Name / Email you can ask for help from several people on campus including your professor or the friendly people at the Circulation Desk. You will need your USC Upstate ID (also known as your CarolinaCard) to obtain your User Name.
Student Office 365 e-mail
- New students should already have your username, e-mail address, and initial password in the student data sheet mailed to you after acceptance.
- To log-in, go to outlook.com/email.uscupstate.edu, and enter your whole email address, and the initial password.
- When you log-in to your student e-mail successfully for the first time, you will be prompted through a quick setup process. This involves adding a phone number or alternate email for additional security and setting your time zone. After filling this information out, you will be taken to your inbox.
- Go to passwordreset.microsoftonline.com. This is USC Upstate's online password reset site for students. You can use this site to reset your password should you forget it in the future. Enter your email address, answer the CAPTCHA question, and click Next. When setting your password, it must be at least 8 characters; contain a number, an uppercase character, and a special character; and not contain any part of your name or username.
- If you receive a message that your username or password is incorrect, then either you have mistyped something or the password was not successfully reset.
- If you receive a message that your account is locked, either your account was compromised or you have entered the wrong password too many times. Contact the help desk to get it unlocked.
Various User Name & Passwords
- USC Upstate Username is the first part of your email before the @email.uscupstate.edu.
- Your USC Upstate Password is the password associated with your email. You should have received a temporary password that you have to change the first time you log-in.
- Blackboard Username can be the same as your USC Upstate Username but the Blackboard Password is different. Blackboard passwords expire every 6 months.
- Once you are able to login to Self Service Carolina, you can create your Blackboard Password. Go to my.sc.edu and click on "View my IDs and manage my passwords", under the Personal section.
- Your Network Username is your system username assigned by the university system and is based on your name. It may contain letters and/or numbers.
- Your VIP ID is the 8 digit number assigned by the university system. Help with your VIP ID and password can be found at https://my.sc.edu/vipid/
- The CarolinaCard is your Student ID as well as a pre-paid declining balance card that accesses the deposits you make into your Carolina Cash account. This card also is used for printing and Library Circulation.
- Self Service Carolina (SSC) is where students go to manage their personal information and perform many common, day-to-day transactions. Students use SSC to register for classes, manage their financial aid information, and view their class schedule.
Student Printing Information
Students are given a $25.00 printing balance at the beginning of each semester for use throughout campus. This is the equivalent of 500 single-sided black & white print pages. As you print or make copies, the cost is deducted from this balance. You can add money to your Carolina Card through the Self Service Carolina Website.
Student Printing Costs
$0.05 per page
$0.20 per page
B&W duplex (2 sided)
$0.06 per page
Color duplex (2 sided)
$0.25 per page
Once you have clicked print to send the document to either the BW Student Held Queue or Color Student Held Queue, you will need to release the print job at any of the HP "Multi-Functional Printers" (MFPs) around campus (your print jobs will be purged from the print queue after approximately 18 hours). You will only be charged when you release the print job. The library has 4 MFPs including one in the 24/7 Computer Lab.
ITS Network Printing for Students Information Page.
Downloading Printers for PCs
Printer Drivers for Black and White and Color Printers on PC Computers
1) Click on the following link to download the black and white printer: http://upitsprint2/Uniprint/STBWHELDQ_for_Lte.exe
2) Click on the following link to download the color printer: http://upitsprint2/Uniprint/STNDCOLORHeld_for_Lte.exe
3) Once the file has downloaded, open it.
4) Click the “Run” button on the “File Download – Security Warning” popup.
5) Click on the “Run” button on the “Internet Explorer—Security Warning” popup.
6) Click the “Install” button located in the bottom right corner of the Package installer popup window. (This process may take several minutes to complete.)
7) Click the “Finish” button once the process has completed.
8) Your new Printer will be titled “Student-Held-Black-White-Print” or "Student Held Color Printing".
Downloading Printers for Mac
Pharos Popup and Notify Installation Instructions:
- Download the Pharos Popup and Notify Client from https://community.pharos.com/docs/DOC-1650
- Double-click the DMG file to create a new disk image in Finder. This disk contains the popup installer: Popup.pkg.
- Double-click the installer to run it. You may be requested to authenticate yourself as an administrator.
- Select a destination disk. You will only be able to select the startup disk.
- Click install (or upgrade). The installer automatically installs Popup and Notify.
Logging into Wireless On Campus
To log-on to the USC Upstate wireless, you will need to log-in with your USC Upstate Username and Password, install safe connect, ensure you have up-to-date virus software, and turn automatic updates on.
Duo Push Software
Duo Security is the new multi-factor authentication service that provides additional security for access to institutional and personal data. This secondary authority security protocol is required to access much of your University and System information. This software requires you to answer a call, text, or another message to prove your identity.